Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Crossing A-C part # to Simplicity # ?

JR

I think I can get new front wheel bearings for my 416 from my parts distributer, but the bearings that they list that look like they will fit only show Simplicity #s. The 400 parts manual shows 327527 as the # for the front wheel bearings. Does anybody know what that crosses to in a Simplicity part # ? I've looked all over the site, but the only A-C to Simplicity cross list I can find is for tractors and attachments. Thanks!

You won't find any crossover to any Simp. #'s for anything on a 300/400 series tractors. AC made these durring the split from Simp. when the govnment made AC have a seperate L/G line. Since Simp. had nothing to do with this series there is no Simp. eqivalent. Therefor no parts crossover. Some parts may interchange but it's only because of common parts useage. I'm sure those more familiar w/ those series will correct me if I'm shareing any incorrect info. That's also Why there is no AC match to the 3400 series.

Thanks Greg! I was pretty sure that # had a Simplicity cross. And that IS one of the two Simplicity #'s that my distributer's catalog shows for that bearing, so I'll be good to go with a pair of those. The best part is that my cost is only $6 a set (bearing and race).