Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest Project

Jovee

This is the latest from the backyard fix-it center. Its far from orange but its interesting as a novelty item. This is the left for dead pic as I got it. The deck was beyond repair

Add a lot of sanding, a little paint, a few tubes, new points and carb parts, and a neat pickup truck body -

The tailgate removes for easy loading and unloading :D

Not sure what I'll do with it but its different to look at - Joe

I had a Dynamark 10/36, just like that. Bought it new. Good tractor till the top of the mower deck broke completely out from fatigue.

quote:
Add a lot of sanding, a little paint, a few tubes, new points and carb parts, and a neat pickup truck body -
Was that the equivalent of "electronic ignition" back then, like the old TV sets with tubes??? LOL Nice job fixing it up, maybe it should serve "Parade Duty". Just add a few flags, some bunting and a bunch of bubble gum and candy in the back to toss to the kids!!

I've got a Dynamark a little bit newer than that around back here that was my neighbor's before he died. It's almost identical to that one except this one is red. His other Dynamark was red too. Seems the older Dynamarks were great little machines, and they were one of the first lawn tractors to have a tough 5 speed transmission.

This is my Dynamark. It had a 5hp pull start in it, at time of the pic, I had put a 12hp in it. I also lowered the rear and played with the pullyes. Ask anyone who attended the show last fall in Colchester about it! lol My wife followed me up the drive way at about 15mph! Im going to throw a 16hp in this year! lol

Oh it also came with a two speed tranny. 1 forward and 1 reverse. I took a five speed out of a Toro and put it into it. Elon

This one only has the 3spd in it. The pickup body (from calstreasures-lol) was originally red and layed out a tick different in mounting. I had to custom make the running board extensions to attach the lower fenders. The steel was giving my cutter a workout so they arent as decorative as they could of been. I thought about electronic ignition but the points/condenser was a little cheaper and not hard at all. As a parade item?. Not in the big city. If all our cops werent laid off you could get arrested on the city streets with these ;). I wouldnt mind finding another deck for it someday. There was just no way to save the mess that was under it. But glad to keep the older iron alive. Elon -A few welded attachments and you will be good to go. I havent experimented with the pully changes yet. Been trying respond since tuesday night but I couldnt get posts thru ..????? - Joe

quote:
Originally posted by patrician12
Is Dynamark made by Murray?
It used to be manufactured by NOMA Outdoor Products. They have since gone defunct and Murray bought the Dynamark name.

I knew about Noma but wondered where they went off too. Glad mines an older one :). Developed a fuel drip from the high idle screw the other day. Changed O rings, springs, bowl gaskets and leak wouldnt go away. Then snapped the fitting thru the bowl in half. Got it out and replaced it but drip will not die. Idle screw didnt come with the kit. Time for a fuel shutoff I guess. Hatred for Tecumsehs growing daily - Joe

• 2 weeks later...
That is cool looking. I see what you mean about the mower deck. I can see the grass through the deck in the first pic. I know what you mean about a hatred for Tecumsehs. I have two here with their own problems.