Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Coming soon to a screen near you....

SmilinSam

So, you're going to repaint those Homelite running boards and put them to use, eh? Well, what can you expect from someone now running two vertical crankshaft tractors? :D

Who Me? 8) Naaaaaaaaaaaa, I lost my ambition to fix em up. Much more satisfying to buy em new and spend my time just just drivn' em. My sales pitch dies on Ebay for the footplates, but the boy kept looking at them and lookin at the B-112 in the pile here. Pretty soon sitting there was a painted frame with footplates attached and access holes cut in them for the control linkages to the PTO and deck lift. All he has left to do is paint the upper end of the tin and its pretty much there. You can't imagine just how good that frame lookss with the footrests on it. Better than I ever thought. You may just change your mind when I get pictures :D[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam You may just change your mind when I get pictures :D[:0]
What can I say? Some of us will consider even going to extreme measures to avoid broken axle tubes or BGBs (and get full time 4WD)... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50717 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kent looking at a RBT.... Sam's boy adding RB's to a FDT... Sounds like some BAD low budget horror movie. I may have to go take the RB's off my 620 just to help keep the universe from implodeing. Where's Dan when you need him???

Guess I better hang on to that extra set of running boards that I have. They could become a highly priced commodity soon. Hmmmmm! Wonder how B10 sheet metal would look on a 7010 frame? So many ideas, so little time! LOL

Hey, I got a few extra sets of running boards, so you guys keep that in mind when you get that modifying bug. I put the narrow front FDT tires and wheels on my 7016 and I really like it in the winter for traction and I even put a 6011 hood on a 728 to clear the 12 horse. But running boards on a B series. I just don't know!

Uh..... Guys, I'm afraid not just any set of runing boards will do... We are using Allis built Homelite running boards. The key thing about these that makes them unique is that these AC built Homelite Running boards were custom formed to the Allis B-210/212 series frames. This because the Homelites were built on excess or Surplus B 200 series frames. Also yif using the running boards, you also have to use the steering shaft/bracket ands steering link arm thats under the tractr that was on the homelite, or you won't clear the running boards with the steering setup. Could it be that the Homelites will get more valuable just because of these parts people will want to dress up their AC's after we unveil our pictures?:D

Was the Homelite T13 built by AC or Simplicity? It is identical to a 700/7000 machine. I used T13 parts to build my AC713. Engine, dash, running boards and tranny were from the T13. The running boards bolted directly to a 710 chassis.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Was the Homelite T13 built by AC or Simplicity? It is identical to a 700/7000 machine. I used T13 parts to build my AC713. Engine, dash, running boards and tranny were from the T13. The running boards bolted directly to a 710 chassis.
Thats a Simplicity tractor frame. Totally different . Think of the Allis produced Homelites as basically Yellow B-210's that have been painted Blue, had a extension welded to the front of the frame to accomodate a longer hood -wheel base- & axle, a different dash put on it, and foot plates added.

Preview of the work in progress.. [img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/26/6C/49762086-9214-01EE0198-.jpg[/img] [img]http://a7.cpimg.com/image/27/6C/49762087-0687-01A40144-.jpg[/img] As you can see a hole was trimmed for the PTO rod to go through... [img]http://a9.cpimg.com/image/29/6C/49762089-884d-01460160-.jpg[/img] And another hole for the lift chain.... [img]http://a8.cpimg.com/image/28/6C/49762088-04c2-02200186-.jpg[/img] The boy also got creative and addedfront hubs and wheels from a older high wheel MTD. These have the hubsfixed to the axles and the wheels bolt to those just like your rear wheels do. The kid is Creative huh?

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Sam, The pictures aren't opening.
Sure they are. I get pictures everytime I open the topic, so do a few others That I'm aware of. The pictures are opening even now as I write this...

I can't see them either, from work. I'll have to check at home tonight. I think that either some firewalls are blocking the pictures, or that he's reached some kind of traffic limit on the site where those are posted.

Looks pretty good Sam. And yes the boy is getting pretty creative. Now all it needs is a Vickers Hydro and a Hydro lift.

looks good even with the running boards! lol What is the reasoning for having one turf and one Ag rear tires? Better tration wile turning??? :) Elon

Looking good! Those youngsters do great work! BTW, I can obviously see the pictures at home... so, I suspect it was a corporate firewall blocking them.

And to think that last fall I trashed the now "high value" running boards from the Allis built T-10 that I parted out! Hmmm, has anyone made a newer Sovreign a FDT?

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
looks good even with the running boards! lol What is the reasoning for having one turf and one Ag rear tires? Better tration wile turning??? :) Elon
Just junk tires to keep it off the floor for now...
quote:
PhanDad Posted - 07/07/2005 : 18:33:29 And to think that last fall I trashed the now "high value" running boards from the Allis built T-10 that I parted out! Hmmm, has anyone made a newer Sovreign a FDT?
Yep...after this project is completed and pictures of the piece of artwork are posted, those footplates will be worth 3 digit figures:D And you threw em away...B):(;)

I can see the pictures fine from home. Guess Kent must be correct about corporate firewalls. I couldn't see them from work today.