Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Ten Questions

johnMI

I'm new to the forum and don't even know where to begin! I need a belt that drives the mower deck, and the routing for it. How long is this belt? There is a vertically mounted pulley near the rear and the deck has a horizontally mounted pulley. But there is no tensioner pulley that I could see, If this is the drive train, how does this work? I found the manuals on the simplicity site, but they don't show the deck belt or routing that I could find. Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the best place for information on these old tractors. You may want to become a member to be able to access all of the great information in this site. It's only $10.00. Need more information on your tractor model and the deck model to be able to help you with the belts. Should be a model number on the rear axle for the tractor model. The deck should have a model number as well. After you find the model numbers you should be able to get a parts list off the Simplicity website or list the model numbers here and I'm sure someone here could help. Best of luck...

Big-10 MFG# 2025060, 2025061 PTO Belt# 164146 32" Rotary Mower Crose drive Belt# 108248 Length 48.1" Type HA Arbor drive Belt3 156120 Length 63.1" Type HA 42" Rotary mower Cross drive Belt# 174911 Length 44.1" Type HA Arbor drive Belt# 108209 Length 82.1" Type HA Cross drive belt goes on large pulley on PTO with a right hand twist around the mower deck pulley.(belt comes off from the top of PTO pulley and to the right side of the deck pulley) The tensioner is a spring, rod and lever off from the back of the pto. The lever is under the left axel at back of tractor and is back and up when in operating postion.

Hey! Welcome to the site/club. All the information you could ever want - right here!! You are already on your way to an answer to your belt question. We are looking forward to seeing more posts from you. Ten dollars a year is nothing for the kind of informaion and suggestions you can get here. I am NOT a club officer but just love this site and want to make sure it does not go away. Dan