Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ADDING A FRONT END LOADER

chsdiver

I have a 7013 that now has 16hp B&S engine and I would like to add/fabricate a front end loader. Has anyone gone down this road? Please give details if you have. Craig

I have been planning to build a front end loader for quite some time. I know how I want to do it, but have not made any drawings. I plan to use a Chevy or Ford power steering pump to power the hydraulics. The older ones usually pump about 2 gallon per minute at 1500 psi. In my calculations that should be adequate, especially when powered by one of these smaller engines. I planned to use 2 x 4 box beam for the arms. I was going to use 2 inch cylinders with about 16 inch stroke for both lift and rotate. I also planned to have the fluid reservoir built into the box beam structure to eliminate the need for a separate oil tank. I had also planned to use a 3 gang valve with quick disconnects on the third valve, in case I decided to add any hydraulic accessories to the unit. This is about all I can think to say at the moment.

Is this what you are looking for?

I can still put the mower deck on and raise it to the top. This is a 500 ARK loader off a wheel horse 16, and my own mounts. Will lift more than the tractor can hold down in the rear.

The key to using any loader on these tractors is a subframe that ties the front frame of the tractor to the rear frame rails that connect the bevel gear box to the transmission. The castiron bevel gear box is used to connect the front frame to these rear frame rails -- without a strong subframe, you'll break the bevel gear box or its mounts in the front frame, literally breaking the tractor into two pieces...

Wilm169: Nice dog! Izzat Allis Chalmers powered by a 16 HP Briggs? I just got a 3416 which needs to be restored. I was originally thinking that it needed a snowblower, but after this weekend, I'd rather have a front end loader. I've been pitchforking mulch into the cart and offa the cart. Are Kits available for the 3416, or the 7116? What's the story on the "Johnson" loader that you see mentioned in some of the articles? John

Craig, Look in the tech tips section, I had a sub frame fabed for my 7119. Al Edens did an outstanding job to fab the sub frame for the loader I bought from him.

John, there's an OHV v-twin Kohler in that 416! That's a nice loader set-up too. I've seen it in person. Probably gonna be seeing it again later this week.

John that is a 20hp in the 416h, if you find any loader off any tractor they are about the same just have to make your own mounts because most have a sub frame that goes under them and takes a lot of space. The dog is in about half of my pix a real HAM.