Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bolt hole pattern

lonnyb

Looking for the bolt hole pattern for the rear wheels. is it 5-4 / 5-4 1/4/ 5-4 1/2/ looking to put larger rims on the rear axle and the guys at the salvage yard needs to know the bolt pattern s they can dig up a set of 15 or 16 inch rims for me.

Would the 5X4-1/2 bolt pattern for the utilties trailer tires in the Northern Tool catalog be the same bolt pattern as the Ford/Dodge? I see they have rims up to 15 inch in the 5X4-1/2 bolt pattern.

As long as the hole in the center was big enough, they should work, but I've never tried it... so, I can't/won't say for sure. Those are pretty narrow wheels, though -- probably about 5". I don't know what size tires you're trying to run, but I'd personally want something around 7" or more...

Kent, Thanks for the info on the bolt pattern, I am hopeing to get a ag tire in a 6-15 & 7-15 size, as far as the center hole I can use my blue tip wrench to make it bigger if needed, than a grinding wheel on the drill to smooth it back out. I am hopeing to make a high ride wide front, I already got the front rims(6-12) from a cub lowbow 154, and now am trying to find rear rims that will work.

Jeep Wrangler wheels have that bolt pattern and are 15 inch. They fit my trailer. I have four steel 5 spoke Wrangler wheels with 8.50x15 tires on them laying in my back yard.

I was informed that the wheel bolt pattern on my project tractor(a cub cadet122) is actually 5X4-3/8, from one of the cub cadet form members. So I guess useing a 5X4-1/2 bolt pattern is out of the question. Anyone gots any idea on what if any car/truck uses a 5 on 4-3/8 bolt pattern? I will be hitting the salvage yards this weekend, I will be takeing a rim from the cub with me as to make sure of the correct bolt pattern.

The bolt pattern on the cub cadet is 5 on 4½" circle not bolt hole to bolt hole centers. It is a 4½" dia. circle. A 5 bolt pattern if measured from center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole will measure 4¼" or 4 3/8" depending on who measures it. A four bolt on 4½" will measure 4½" center to center as they are directly across from each other though the center of the circle. If you draw a 4½ dia. circle and divide it into 5 equal sections 72° apart where the lines intersect with the circle would be the center of the bolts. The 5 bolt on a 4½" circle is a standard bolt pattern for many vehicles. The other most common patterns for cars and light trucks are 5 on 4¾" and 5 on 5".

I went back to work and got out the book and figured out what it would be center to center of the bolt for you. if it measures. 2.500 =4 1/4 bolt circle 2.572 =4 3/8 b.c. 2.645 =4 1/2 b.c. 2.718 =4 5/8 b.c. I hope this helps

Thanks for all the help with this, I will head out to the salvage yard this weekend armed with all this information and hopefully I will be able to come up with a set of rims. I have to check on tires size first to see whay is out there so I will know what size rims to get. Thanks to everyone who helped out on this.

If memory serves me correct, someone here got some nice rims from a car. It was the tractor with the nerrow front end on it. Maybe they can help you.

I have used caravan rims on my narrow front tractor projects. If your cub cadet has the same standard rear hub as most other garden tractors with the 12 inch rear wheels a dodge caravan rim should work. Those have a 5 on 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern. I had some 6.70x15 inch ag tires I wanted to use on my projects. I used the space saver spare tire rims from caravans to fit my ag tires. The 4 standard rims from the caravan were to wide for my ag tires. You may have to torch out the center flange a bit to get the rims to bolt on. Here's a picture of my narrow front B-10 to give you an idea of how they look. [img]/club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_1036.JPG [/img]