Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

vacuum system

Ronald Hribar

Hum, so are you saying I'll be going slow? Damn... I go faster with that sweeper thing.... perhaps I'll use that in the summer and the fall I'll deal with slow for the leaves. :( Or better, I'll fabricate the self-powered vacuum I got from my old 6216... and perhaps I'll fly again? Or perhaps I can fabricate a 415hp 502 to the tractor [:/]?!? (not quite - rebuilder shrink wrapped it too fast so need to repaint the valve covers) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/michaelg221/502mpi.JPG[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by michaelg221
Hum, so are you saying I'll be going slow? Damn... I go faster with that sweeper thing.... perhaps I'll use that in the summer and the fall I'll deal with slow for the leaves. :( Or better, I'll fabricate the self-powered vacuum I got from my old 6216... and perhaps I'll fly again? Or perhaps I can fabricate a 415hp 502 to the tractor [:/]?!? (not quite - rebuilder shrink wrapped it too fast so need to repaint the valve covers)
Or, forego the front PTO and drop in something like... [img]http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/images/pics/380447_0065.jpg[/img]

Looks nice. So I finished my yard tonight and it really does a nice job, I did 2/3 in 2nd gear and some in third. It was definitely straining on even the slightest grade (would not even call them hills). I would say that 2nd gear was consistent on any terrain (i.e. my steepest hills I always do in 3rd). So I am sold on the vacuum, but told my girl that I'm going to use it only 1 in 3 times and then use the sweeper the rest of the time until the fall. I'm really hoping that in the fall I can just go over the lawn each week and pickup the leaves... leaving no work :) Is that possible? Anyway, thanks for all the info.

Mike, I have the same A/C tractor and same setup only with a 10 hp. I have four 36inch diameter sugar maple trees along with four other 16 inch Maples and some steep hills on my two acres.I only use the vacuum in the fall for my leaves and can only get a real clean job in November by bringing out the John Deere 160 with the rear bagger for my final cleanup of all the small chopped up leaves left behind by the A/C vacuum system. My A/C does strain on the hills even in 2nd gear but I notice My Simplicity 3210 seems to have a lot more power. I think the age and condition of the 10 hp engine does make a difference.

Vinnie A - Thanks. I'd say my B112 is probably equivalent to a 10hp B110.. assuming that's what you have. The variable speed drives are lossy when it comes to power I've found. Comparing the 101 I sold, that seemed to have more power. I did pull a nice stump out with my HB112 tonight with a brinly rear blade, though it was troublesome because I am using a chain setup for the rear lift (twisting the back blade around the stump). I have to get around to trying the hydrostatic drive and seeing if that isn't slowed down due to the mower. I'm also going to try changing the bearings in the mower deck and seeing if I am getting too much load from the mower. Anyway, that's my weekly fun this week. I'll get back into the lawn/yard next week.

I've used mine several times, there has been a few times when the grass clumped up in boot, when it hit the blower it made the 20hp Kohler go to governor. other wise I can go as fast as before,and added weight on rear end keeps rear wheels from spinning. I don't use trailer everthing is hung on rear of tractor.. Still in Texas, spent weekend at San Antonia on Frio River, Had sun block along, but missed behind arms and calves of my legs so i do have some burns. Now in houston waiting for daughter to have a baby.