Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Don't pick on this MTD or else.......

bigcountry

Looks like fun but also a trip to the hospital because of rollovers Big tires or not I'm sticking with the Foot Dragger

quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
Looks like fun but also a trip to the hospital because of rollovers Big tires or not I'm sticking with the Foot Dragger
On another part of the site, they said that the tires were actually heavier than the mower itself, so the rollovers were pretty rare unless the person driving was not using his head. The drive line is actually a stock rearend. The only mods include a safety, which disengages the drive in case the driver falls off or is incapacitated, it can be remotely shut off. The other mod is the wheel hubs so that the 5 lug tires can fit. Almost forgot, they swapped pulleys on it to get a lower gear ratio as well. I believe a larger Briggs was dropped in though for more grunt.

quote:
Originally posted by Jovee
One of these days I want to say I've seen everything.... Way cool! ^
Me too. Some people think I already have... [:0]

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
for the few who know me well............the wheels are turning in my head!!!!! Elon
Uh-oh.