Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ever See a Riding Mower do This?

dlcentral

Was found on clean-up day,sears 11/38,with a few minor mods it's race ready, my son hasn't raced it yet only practiced with it,,,it'll do about 45 mph!

I haven't had achance to watch any lawnmower races yet but the sport sure seems to be getting popular.. Good luck to your son...

Thats similar to the pics I posted last month of the ones down here in PA. Only difference is you have one. Planned on buying an almost ready to run one from one of the racers but cant seem to get thru the red tape (wife). Found something cool that takes the mind off it though and will post the pics after I pick it up on saturday. Told the wife after the deal was made this time ;). Good luck with it and let us know what its like to corner sideways 8)

A couple of years ago my youngest son wanted me to put one of those together for him to race. I had an old Murray, and a 14 Hp Vanguard twin to go in it. Only trouble was that the local rules require that the driver be 16 or older. He was only 14 at the time. Now that he has turned 16, I have one "box store" tractor that I could build one from, but I don't have a good engine for one. After being into tractor pulling, drag racing, and circle track racing, myself, I know how even this type of racing can end end up being a very time consuming money pit. I'm not going to mention the fact that he could drive one now, or else, well - you know. Maybe after he becomes an Eagle Scout, then I can let him become a Bad Boy and race hot rod lawnmowers.