Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is it???

EricD

[img]/club2/attach/ericd/050730055352.JPG[/img] The guy I got it from said it ran when he parked it and that it was one of the first Simplicity Tractors ever built :o)!!! I do see some Orange underneath the red paint and it looks like it has a strait shifter like the early 700's. Overall condition looks pretty darn good. I think the chrome will shine on the front hub caps once I get the blue paint off 'em. Tin is quite good too. I don't believe the steering wheel is original (should have a three spoked 3/4 moon wheel) and the engine would probably turn over if the transmission wasn't locked up. Small problem with the carb. It's broken right off the block at the block.. Anybody suppose a carb kit would help??? [img]/club2/attach/ericd/050730055408.JPG[/img] So round up those old garden tractor lawn mower manuals, lean in to see the pictures clearly and help me to identify this charm. Is this the missing link? A special production run or a transitional tractor between the AC and Simps? A top secret enginering prototype??? Is it destined to be a new champion in the 10- 18hp lawn mowing racing class? Just look at the hood scoops for high speed cooling. We all might be looking at a machine that'll out manuver Maynard's ol' HB112 (rain or shine)...:D [img]/club2/attach/ericd/050730055340.JPG[/img] I can't wait to hear what you know about this almost running no BGB'd, no drive shafted, mini tractor of mine. And yes, to point out the obvious, I already know the snow plow is a little bent on the edges ;) Oh yeah, I almost forgot, what's it worth:D?

Its looks to me that its worth about 5000. and that's a pusher in the front to get the slow pokes out of the way. you can tell that by the racing strips on it! If I was to tell you what make it was,then every body would know then! John

There are several things htat make me think its a Rupp. Then seat location, seat adjuster, push-to-go pedal , shifter and frame design..i have one that has those same items just a different hood and steering assembly....

From the design of the hood as well as the crank in back to adjust the deck height, I'd guess Rupp as well. I'd say it's likely 40-50 years old. Got a real antique there! Shame it's missing the deck tho.

Thanks for the input guys. I contacted a guy into Rupp machines and he said that it is not a Rupp and threw out the brand craftsman instead. I seem to think it pre-dates craftsman but I'm only guessing. If you have any more thoughts on the brand or can point me in a new direction I'd love to identify this thing. Thanks again,

It seems to have all the features that my Rugg has. Mine is about a 68 model and has a steering wheel but everything else is about the same except the bodywork. I would guess that it is from the early 60's it has the same transmission that a Wards 4hp rider I had, which had a 1963 briggs on it.

From what I have been able to find (very little) it does appear to be a Rugg Carpet Cut Lawn Mower. More details as they surface, thanks for all your help.