Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bighoof

Jovee

Snagged this off ebay last week and brought it home yesterday. Of course all the neighbors had to try it out. It's based on some 11hp MTD variant with a lot of mods to it. Lights work as well as the horn. Still has the components to add a deck too. Owner said it originally had a chain drive in it but replaced it with the el-cheapo MTD rear. Downside is it has the stock pulley (for now) and is pretty slow. I just need Elon to make it as fast as his.

Heading out now to find the kid with the battery powered Humvee - :D

If you can get some pictures with the body off maybe we can help make if really fast. Hey Bigcountry, maybe under that Chevy body, sits a Ford!!!!! That would explain it being slow. :) Elon

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Hey Bigcountry, maybe under that Chevy body, sits a Ford!!!!! That would explain it being slow. :) Elon
Naaaa, that would only explain it being so reliable.:D

Hmmm... I hauled this Chevy home in my Nissan and was passed by a Chevy hauling a decorative chair. Knew Chevys were good for something ...

Elon, It has that stock 10" pulley on that crappy top half/bottom half rearend in it. It would be easier to drop the rear out than pull the body. The stock MTD carcass with the battery tray still sits under the seat. It just makes getting a smaller belt size that much harder -Joe