Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gotta Love them Stipes

MPH

My lawn after two week grow time while I was in Colo.

making a cut

done deal

Memorial day clover field

725 sweepping up the 'hay' crop

was a fun weekend of play last sunday. Had to cut a second time cuz the front tires laid the tall grass down too much for the mower to suck back up. Darn...:)

Nice thick lawn, and great pictures. Let me see if I've got this straight. You go south to visit during the Alaskan summer?

Didn't realize green grass was hard to come by this year guys. Here it's the result of 3 or 4 rainnny days a week since early June plus 200 lbs of fish meal and 150lbs of lime. Only being home one day a week means it's been mowed with a raincoat on twice and mowed wet several times. Mike, as for the sweeper, well I tell ya, up here one uses what he finds, perferably cheap. I gave 100 bucks for this one, guy tried to use it and found his yard was too rough and uneven for it. Picks up spruce cones good, which was my major need for it. Doesn't do bad on grass either but since it wipes out my stripes too much only use when I wind up with a hay crop.

As always ,you have great pictures from up north.I wish we would get some rain here in Ohio so my grass would look that green.

Marty - I found the first picture very interesting. How do you get the stripes so staight going right through the trees?

Great stripes, nice green grass; mine was starting to green up and grow some, but then the rain turned off and it's back to brown. Thanks for posting the pics.

Peter, its Simplicity majic. Really, some of the trees I got zeroed in where I go around them on the uncut side then the next pass leaves a straight strip, couple of them I have to make a dead pass back over inorder to fix the strips. Guess that move is why my older son says I'm pocessed with my lawn. If they ain't straight, it just ain't right. ya know..