Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity or John Deere???

Bunky

I found these weights on Ebay, They appear to me to be Simplicity.. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-DEERE-50LBS-CAST-IRON-WHEELS-WEIGHTS_W0QQitemZ7704469136QQcategoryZ50374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Well -- to pick a nit... Based on the color, methinks they were technically Allis-Chalmers B-series.... :D

The weights I had for the Big Ten were solid, with no holes or anything milled in them......I'd ask to see a pic of the numbers on the castings. Then you can check them at www.jdparts.com to see if they were ever a JD part or not.

I have a set of the solid, smooth ones that came off a B-1, but this is what they looked like by 1967: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/options.jpg[/img]

I have a set of weights just like those that are green. It's the only coat of old paint on them, and I would say that they are JD green, but maybe Oliver also. They are exactly like a set I took off of a one owner, original B212. Those are painted black. I don't think there were any numbers cast into mine. Can't remember. Tim

I have had 4 or 5 sets of these weights and the numbers on mine were painted on with a stencil maybe..

Hi, Keep in mind that things like wheels and wheel weights are usually purchased, not made by the OEMs and are often sold to several manufacturers, with different paint. Al Eden