Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

Simplicity Broadmoor

Yeoman627
Hi - The Broadmoor Standard (MFG# 990287), Deluxe w/Manual Start (MFG# 990288), and Deluxe w/Electric Start (MFG# 990303) tractors were models available between 1964 and 1966. I am not sure what the difference is between the 'Standard' and 'Deluxe' models - maybe lights ? The engine is definately not original, as it was manufactured in 1972 (from the engine date code - '7202250') after the model year range (1964-66) of your tractor. Also, the original engine equipped on that tractor was a 6HP, which has a smaller displacement than the 19 cubic inch (from the model number '190702') engine currently on your tractor. As far as replacing the engine, the '1907' series is probably best. They put that engine on the later Broadmoors (I've got a '73 Broadmoor 738 with a '1907'-series) Good Luck - it's a great machine !!! Regards, Tom Kelly

I recently acquired a Simplicity Broadmoor, serial number 008214, Model 990287 or 990288. It has a Briggs and Stratton engine, model 190702 0515-01 7202250. I have a few question - 1) is it correct that this tractor was made in 1965?, 2) how can I tell if it is a standard or deluxe model?, 3) is the engine original?, and 4) if I replace the engine, which model/hp etc would be best? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Simplr
The link below is the Briggs and Stratton "Numerical Designation System" [A href='http://www.briggsandstratton.com/service/number.html']http://www.briggsandstratton.com/service/number.html[/a]