Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Haul

Simplicity314

Well, after two failed attempts, I got these pics to post in the correct format. The file extension, it seems, must be in lower case. Okay, found this ad at the Colchester show for a '59 Economy and 9 attachments. Been sitting for about 10 years, according to the seller, but engine turns and tractor is complete. Came with front plow, sickle bar mower, belly mower, molboard plow, disc harrow, 3 cultivators--1 spring and 2 spike, and a new lawn roller. All for $500, which I didn't have but it was too good to pass up! After I took these pics, I managed to pull the carb, gas tank, air filter tube and front shroud. Can't get the tube out of the carb, thanks to the broken arm, nor the flywheel nut. Talk about frustrating! edit:someone along the way tried to paint it yellow w/o sandblasting/prepping of any kind, so it is flaking off.

[img]/club2/attach/simplicity314/mini-econ2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/simplicity314/mini-econ3.jpg[/img] This one is hard to make out: It is the front plow (white), the moldboard plow and the rear lift. [img]/club2/attach/simplicity314/mini-econAttach1.jpg[/img] Belly mower and disc harrow. The cultivators are leaning up behind them. [img]/club2/attach/simplicity314/mini-EconAttach2.jpg[/img] Cultivators [img]/club2/attach/simplicity314/mini-EconAttach3.jpg[/img] Sickle bar, spring cultivator. The rake to the left is not mine. The box has parts to convert the brake levers to pedals. [img]/club2/attach/simplicity314/mini-EconAttach4.jpg[/img] Has 16" lug rars with chains. Hope to have it running for the fall shows. Will restore, but my Landlord is getting restored first--she's been waiting so patiently! Here's to hoping this post works.... --jim

That looks a lot like my 64 Economy. I think mine has taller rear tires. I can't judge by your pics but that may be a JIM DANDY model w/ the small rears like that. Nice job on the score for some hard to find attachments for it though. Nice job on the pics too. Try editing the pic when you resize it and adjust the contrast and brightness. I have to do this on about all my posted pics but it makes them much easier to see the details.

Thanks Dave, but one thing at a time...I'm lucky I got them to work, let alone tweaking them! Seriously, I'll play around with the editing when I get some time. Thanks again Dave, Mark and Maynard for the help getting them posted. Thanks for the kind words dirtsaver.

Maynard, At this time, I think that there are only two other people on the site with that capability. As you know, all of us do not have the full administrative powers.

Maynard, the post has been moved to Discussions --> Using the Clubhouse --> Bugs & Feedback.

No, no sheet metal. It was one piece on those, and from what I've gathered, they rust, dent, and just get ripped off the tractors by branches. The hood on this year model justs rests in two slots in the front and another on a bracket bolted between the gas tank and the block. Those in good shape are really in demand, for that reason. Since it's the last thing to go on, literally, I can wait on that.

Nice Tractor and a great price. Hmmm I wonder if that disc harrow in the 5th pic down is original to the tractor or not. It almost looks like the same one I got from Rob-B. The hitch is the same and the only difference is that there are 3 discs on each side instead of 4 and it hasn't been modified.