Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear PTO Drive Kit Bracket Dimensions

Roy

Updated Title and added more description: Surely someone has a used bracket or can get dimensions from the one on their tractor. This is the idler used to keep the tiller drive belt from touching the hydrostatic drive filter. Thanks again, Does anyone have the dimensions for the Item 9 in the bottom picture? I would like to make one. I ordered one from Jack's but it is on back order with Simplicity without a projected delivery date.

Sorry I was unable to cut the top picture out. Special note to Maynard, This is the first time I have been able to directly up-load a picture without having to go in and edit the address. Do not know why it worked this time but this how it is supposed to work. I truly appreciate what ever, who ever did to make it work this way. :):) Thanks,

Ron, I have not had trouble putting photos on this site once I learned how. I agree that it is easier to email, since there is not the 100K size limitation. With the number of members and the number of pictures being posted, we have to keep the size rather small. If not it would require huge amounts of disk space and would slow the site down to a crawl each time a page with pictures is loaded. I'm not trying to criticize. Just saying why things are done the way they are.

Roy, I have a copy of the drawing I got from the factory. I need to find a skid loader to dig through all of the stuff piled on my desk, but I'll try to dig it up. I tried to order one and they are NLA, so I had them fax me the drawing to make one. I don't think there is a problem if I post it, as since it is NLA I don't think there are proprietary restrictions on this as there are on some I have. Al Eden

Al, A factory drawing would be great. I am working on a drawing from the photos that biggie-rat sent me but I'm sure the factory drawing will more accurate than mine. Hope you find it soon. Thanks,

Hey thanks Roy, You or anyone else can expect a lot more "high tech" info for something as "high tech" as this bracket. Now that I don't use up my time on posting photos on here and not having to go out and take photos, add dimensions to a photo, give a suggestion on how this bracket isn't necessary when there is an alternate way that works just as well or better, for someone that asks for this info, I'll get more done in the shop or my normal duties around home.

biggie*rat, I truly appreciate the time and effort you expended on my behalf to provide photos and dimensions along with your method to mount the idler pulley without the bracket. My intent in making a drawing is to share that information with other club members since the bracket is NLA. Had we known that Al may able to provide a drawing it would have saved both of us time. Unfortunately, we did not know that a drawing might be available when I made my original request. As soon as I obtain a pulley I will finally be able to install it and the tiller that Rod Hubbard and wilm169 helped me obtain. Your help was the last piece of the puzzle I needed to be able to use the tiller. Many thanks,