Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tractor owner needs help

Cementhead

Hi ya all --sure hopin someone can help--Just got a Homelite Jacobeson 16 hp tractor unit # 34004b with a mower attachment but the problem is the mower deck was not mounted on the tractor and no belt either-so if anyone can tell how to mount this mower or has a manual I would be very thankful for any help--thanx Bill

Welcome to the Simplicity/AC site - and Homelite tractors built by AC. Unfortunately, your Homelite isn't anything like the AC built Homelites that most folks here are familiar with. Somewhere along the line, Homelite switched from having Allis/Simplicity build their tractors to Jacobeson. Maybe someone can help point you to a web site that can help you out. Good luck!

A lot of the old Ford garden tractors were also built by Jacobeson. I think there is a yahoo club for either Jacobeson, Ford or both. Good Luck, Dan

That tractor should have an electric clutch. Belt runs around the clutch pulley straight down to idler pulleys on each side of the frame and then back to the deck looping around the drive pulley sticking up in the center of the deck. Look at the idlers and see if they are flat faced or V faced. Make sure you have the belt turned so the appropriate side is facing the pullys. As to hanging the deck, its been too long since I had one of those tractors to remember vividly the way it goes. Seems though that there is a carrier bracket that goes between the deck and the tractor. You should be able to slide the deck/carrier in under the tractor and be able to see about where things should pin up. Only problems would be if you are missing any parts.

Thanx for you help--we are up and running--But if anyone can help me find a manual or parts list would be so thankful--Bill
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
That tractor should have an electric clutch. Belt runs around the clutch pulley straight down to idler pulleys on each side of the frame and then back to the deck looping around the drive pulley sticking up in the center of the deck. Look at the idlers and see if they are flat faced or V faced. Make sure you have the belt turned so the appropriate side is facing the pullys. As to hanging the deck, its been too long since I had one of those tractors to remember vividly the way it goes. Seems though that there is a carrier bracket that goes between the deck and the tractor. You should be able to slide the deck/carrier in under the tractor and be able to see about where things should pin up. Only problems would be if you are missing any parts.