Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydraulic lift cylinder repair

mark64

I removed the lift cylinder from my B112 today since it has been leaking more and more oil lately. Oil seems to be dripping out of the ram side of the cylinder. Does anybody know are new seals, or rebuild kits still available? Mark

New O rings may be all you need. Kirk did a good post on rebuilding the whole lift system, not sure where it got stored at

mark64 heres a link to how to rebuild the cylinder. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_External.asp?LinkID=79&LinkName=Specifications%20for%20the%20O-rings%20used%20in%20the%20optional%20hydraulic%20lift%20system%20for%20Allis-Chalmers%20B-series%20and%20equivalent%20Simplicity%20models%20 i used this when i rebuilt my cylinder i used o-rings from ace hardware although they wasn't sure about oil resistance they haven't leaked yet.

Thanks for the link to the rebuild. I took mine apart today and didn't see a o-ring for the ram shaft seal. I would guess that's why it leaks out the end around the shaft. There is a brass bushing and what looks like a nylon seal also on the end cap that look o.k. I hope a set of new seals will do the trick. Does anybody have the simplicity parts drawing of the cylinder assembly? I would like to have a picture to look at to make sure I get it all put back together correctly. Mark