Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

restoring a tractor

this is the first time i have been on since being registered, just today. i have a simplicity 7016 i want to put a snowblower on but i don't have a front clutch on mine. they are hard to find i guess but what i need to know is - is there another way to use them except using a front clutch set up? where do i go to find out an address to pay my $10? thanks, Gary

Gary, Welcome An answer to the first question is that there are some blowers I believe that will fit your tractor that run off the center cone clutch using a long belt and idler pulley set-up. To answer your second question, from the menu above select club home and from the drop down menu click on pay dues.

Gary, you can run with a long belt and the center cone clutch. The easiest way is to find a snowblower hitch from a 7100 series simplicity or 900 series Allis. Then also get a idler pulley setup from the same tractor series. These have 2 places the idler can be mounted 1 for the blower and 1 for the mower deck. Guys have also just made a spacer to reset the angle of the deck idler to the snowblower ( my Dad has this set up on 716 Allis) it just makes it harder to switch as you have a little spacer to keep track of. Also in my experience the front PTO has more issues with adjustment and hte center PTO has very few problems.

thanks to biggie_rat for emailing the detailed photos and instructions for making it easier to use what i already have to make my two pulley snowblower bracket work with the long belt set up. the way i figure it i only need to buy the belt and about 25 cents worth of parts to eliminate the need for the front clutch. i've been following you on ebay and on here before i joined and i hope to meet you and see what you have for sale some day. i may bring old bessy with me and let you work your magic. thanks to the others for your input too. Gary

it sure wasn't a day to work on a snowblower here in kentucky today but i printed out biggie_rat's instructions and headed off to my dealer for that long belt that goes to the rear pto. i did what was needed to the double pulley set up that came with the blower and did what he said. in no time at all i was ready for the big one or at least i will be ready for the big one. it looks dangerous though. i would hate for one of the cats to walk into it. we don't get too much snow here but when we do it's a doozy. maybe i can keep up with it now and i didn't wait until the day after the snow to get it ready. i think i will take it off and put the deck back on in between now and cold weather. thanks again biggie !!