Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bill8203

Sod Cutter attachment

Bill8203
The city installed a new drain in my front yard and ruined about 1/3 of my front lawn. The grass seed they used was flooded out on the second day the replanted it and I was tired of looking at dead grass and weeds so I decided to installed sod this weekend. Now the new sod looks so good I’m thinking about replacing the rest of the front yard. Here is my question: Is there a sod cutter attachment for a A.C. B 212 series tractor or has someone made one ? Thanks Bill

EricD
Hi Bill, I have never seen an AC specific sod cutter. I have not made one either. BrownA had recently purchased some sod and I vaguely recall him mentioning how it was cut but am not sure. I know he didn't cut it but I think he knew about the tool that did it. Perhaps try him with an IM.

PhanDad
Never heard of a Simplicity or AC tractor mounted sod cutter. I rented a gasoline powered, self propelled, walk behind sod cutter several years ago from my local equipment rental center. It worked well except when it would hit a rock and mess up the cut.

Bill8203
Thanks Eric/Bill for the info. I looked into renting a sod cutter at Lowe's and the cost is about $85.00 per day. Plus I need to hull it 60 miles round trip. At the moment I’m thinking about building one to fit on my B 212 for the challenge. I will let you know if I succeed. Bill