Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Goin' junkin...

goatfarmer

...maybe Saturday. There was a large tractor junkyard along Indiana 5,between Larwill,and South Whitley,that I've seen a few times on my way to go fishing in Huntington. Had a guy from South Whitley call me with an A/C 608 he wants to sell.He told me his friend owned the junkyard,and had to move the tractors,because someone complained.Told me he has several A/C,and Simplicity's that he'll sell cheap.We'll see what's left,and if anything's worthwile,I'll post it here.

Keep us posted Kenny. I see a road trip from Ky north in the making. By the way are you thinking of making the Brookville In show this year?

Well,I went out there this morning. A LOT of tractors! Lots of Wheel Horse,Deere,and MTD built stuff,but a little bit of everything.Some of the oddball items were I saw were a GE Electrak,and a Wheel Horse equivalent,a Ranchero,a Springfield,and a Case 15HP Hydro,in the old Case tan color and lettering.Lawn Lion? Had one of those. In the Simplicity dept,mostly smaller stuff,mostly complete,but rough.Homesteader8,a Serf,a Yeoman,a couple of Broadmoors.Biggest one I saw was a 3414 Baron shuttle.Hard to see a lot of them,because of 4 ft high weeds. The owners name is Branch Wilkinson (260)244-3802 I didn't buy anything,so I can't say how prices are,but he knows pretty much what he has.