Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gilson Briggs in Simplicity?

GWGAllisfan

Any briggs pan off of a 243400 series will interchange and fit. This is all I see that's different. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm missing something.

The oil pan should be the only problem -- unless you need a different starter/generator mounting bracket. The starter/generator mounts a little lower on the side of the engine in a Gilson. I've pulled one out, but I haven't transplanted it yet....

I have a 16hp out of a Gilson which I plan to put in a Simplicity. As others have stated the oil pan and generator are the main issues, unless its a later engine with a gear type starter, and if you wish to continue using that type of starter, then you may have to deal with stators, rectifiers, and rewiring the tractor.

I am running a gilson brigs 16 hp in one of my simplicitys 3112 I changed the pan and put a starter generator on it.works fine for me.Bob

You may also want to install your old muffler on the Gibson and cut clearance for the oil ck tube and the metal strap that holds the simplicity round muffler bracket. I did this with a 14 HP Gibson conversion for a 3314v simlicity.