Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

gatorblade part number ?

tj13

my owners manual tells me the number for the replacement is 1679916 i can not seem to cross refrence this with the gators. any thoughts would be great,thanks

Put gators on my 42" deck this spring and can't say they do any better than original equipment. I don't think I would spend the extra $$ again. However, I have not had them off to sharpen so maybe if they are holding a better edge they will be worth the $$ but, for performance in cutting and mulching I see no difference???? Dan

They stay sharper than OEM and seem quiter than OEM, but won`t make a bit of difference mulching if the discharge side is not blocked off.

The ones on my 48" deck cut the clippings finer than the standard blades -- this is especially noticeable the grass is tall when you're cutting 2" - 3" or more off the top of the grass... Haven't tried them on a 42" deck. I bought them primarily to use when picking up leaves with the vac and they do a great job there -- if the leaves are dry, they get pulverized...

I would stick to stock blades. I am very displeased with the gators on my 42" deck. Somehow my clippings are larger than with factory blades, cuts more like a sickle mower. I have trouble with the deck clogging in 3-4 inch deep grass.