Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

42" Mower deck parts?

davidb54321

I have a 42" deck #990285 in need of a quill. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement. Thanks. David Bartlett

Hello. Have you tried a Simplicity dealer? They should be able to get you a replacement, it may differ somewhat in design but was intended as a replacement for the older ones and should function well. You could also check ebay, or if you don't have a local Simplicity dealer you could check with one of the dealers/sponsors which advertise on this site, they could likeley ship you the parts. Hope this helps. Chris

The most common problem on Simplicity/AC arbors are failed bearings after years of use and no maintence. You might just need a bearing replacement. Also you might have to press the arbor shaft off the arbor. This is also common.

No local dealer here. My shaft and bearings are OK, the flange where the quill bolts to the deck is cracked(it got bent once before) and some of the metal is missing. I can patch it if needed, but I have a line on some used parts that I will check on Tuesday. In the interim, I have scraped and brushed the underside and painted with POR, and am servicing the other two quill assemblies while I wait. Thanks for the replies.