Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I think I'll like the new toy!

BruceF

Went to an auction today and came home with a 917 Hydro with hydraulic lift, 48" mower deck and tiller with extentions. The best part was the tiller wasn't advertised on the sale bill and they sold it all together. Got it home and just had to try it out. Ended up mowing my lawn and finishing in the dark using the headlights. Hadn't planned on mowing tonight but it was such a nice mower to mow with I just kept going untill I was done with it all except for the trimming. I think this tractor will cut my mowing time in about 1/2. I didn't even have to put any gas in it yet.8D Can't wait to try out the tiller.

Hi That is a great looking 917 Allis Chalmers you picked up! Nice find, I am sure it will come in handy. Take Care Jason B

Great find. I have the same setup (different branding -- mine's painted to be a Deutz) and you are right to look forward to tilling. Lots of power from the Kohler and lots of control with the hydro. Great fun, or, if my wife's reading this, I mean very useful and worthwhile tool we needed!

Nice looking AC 917H tractor. I also have a AC 917H but it needs some repairs. Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

Bidding started at $200 and went up to $550. I hadn't even started to bid yet. I bid once at $575 and the other bidder decided that was enough, so I got it all for $575. :D^

Man that is one nice looking rig. It has obviously been well cared for, and should give many more years of great service. Nice catch!!