Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

this summer's projects (lots of pics)

rokon2813

I guess you could call this year, "Year of the Lawn" :D The garden did well, including corn, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, squash (3 varieties) beans and peas.

We dug around everything in the yard, used landscape paper and 6 yards of mulch.

A new raised flower bed was added, and all the lawn ornaments repainted.

Notice in the background, the stone lined ditch was removed, and returnd to a mowable slope. :D

All the way around the house was done with something new.

Even the local birds got a new "condo" ;)

Lisa did a good majority of the manual labor, along with some help from the kids, and others. We still have a couple more "overgrown" beds to do, but all in good time. We're both about tired of lawn work. LOL

Looks like Lisa and you have been busy this summer. Outstanding job:D, I could use your help at my place for a week or two.....

Thanks Dennis. We do what we can cheap or free, we'd do a lot more if we could afford it. LOL Next on the list is a couple 20' flagpoles, and a couple more flower beds. Some fruit trees and berry bushes are in the future too. :D

Looks mighty fine Dan. Like the mowable ditch a lot better, them rocks looked like a lot of hand weeding or 2-4D to me. The work around the trees should make mowing a Lot easier. Lots of fun tractor time in there somewhere I hope.

We actually own just under 1 acre, but I mow about 1 3/4 I think. It looks bigger than it is, because the house and garage are located on the very front corner of the lot. ;) Making it very open. Our property line runs from the birdhouse post, straight along the small pines out back. If you find the pic that was taken parallel to the road, I own to the second telephone pole, but mow all the way to the white building (firehouse) in the background, as a courtesy to the volunteer fire company. There is a small lot (about 75 feet wide) between us and the fire company, that belongs to the farmer behind us. We have permission to mow and use it. ;)