Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What's it worth??

Thekid

Sorry, if this is in the wrong forum area. I just recently acquired an Allis-Chalmers 416S tractor with quite a few attachments (tiller, v-plow, plow blade). Trying to understand what this tractor & attachements are worth. Everything works great and cuts my lawn very well. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I know a lot depends on condition, but I'm just trying to get a ball park figure.

First let me welcome you to the site. Second your question is one that gets asked alot around hear. But the answers a very similar wether its AC 416S or Simplicty 7100 series. One might say its worth as much as "You" would pay for it. Or its worth as much as someone else would pay for it. Others may say that you can't put a price on it or that the replacement value. But with those aside, you still need to consider condition, geographic location and availability. Being an AC that helps, but the shuttle is the less desirable of that series. Also does it have electric lift, that is often desired. I would guess you would be able to get $500-$800. Thats just a guess, take it for "What it's worth"

Welcome,always glad to see newcomers!:) The 300 and 400 series AC's don't generate a lot of interest,because they really have no Simplicity counterpart.If you're contemplating selling,I'm thinking $500.00 would be about top dollar.Of course,market conditions,shape the tractor's in,etc,all needed to be judged.JMHO......

Thanks both of you for the replies. I was given the tractor by someone that just wanted to go buy a new simplicity and I think needed a good reason to give his wife :) I have 5 acres of property and am currently using a "real" (not big box store brand) John Deere, but I do like the wider deck of the AC and all the attachements. It does need some work though. The seat is pretty torn up and the paint isn't in that good of condition, but everything runs great so far. By the way, it does have the electric lift deck on it.

If you stick around here enough, you will want to keep it and sell your deere in no time! lol I am also willing to bet that in a year from now, your garage will have know room for any cars!!! lol Welcome to the best club around:) Elon