Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Problem with 620

D-17_Dave

I seem to have gotten into a situation of sorts with my 620. I've gotten it into such good shape that I speed through my chores so fast that I'm looseing precious tractor time. Not to mention that the wife is growing ever more fond of it takeing yet more of MY time. I tend to be finding more reasons to use it for odd chores just to have a chance to regain what has been lost. How do I regain my time and how many others are finding their time being cut down?? If it weren't for all the rain this year requiring more mowing I'd be almost weaned off of it by now.[:0]

I've got the project tractors,lol but with the porformance level and the amount of chore to do, I'm looseing my turn on it. I'd shurely love to complete my diesel convertion but that's not something to spend a few minuets on here and there. I have to set aside a day or two at the time for that to make some progress and with 1 shop bay t's hard to turn wrenches for a liveing when the shops tied up on projects. I dissasembled my HB212 mounths ago to swap out the hydro-lift and still haven't had time to reassemble it. I really haven't needed to since the 620's been handling all the chores. Looks like I'll have to get a 3rd shift job so I can have my days free for tractor time.

Teach your wife to drive the tractor so that you can work on the other projects. Only problem is that you may never get to drive it again, if she gets the fever.

Rod, that's part of my problem now. She does a great deal of the mowing and that cuts me out of all but the special projects like bladeing and useing my yard tools to drag down rough spots where we have had some gradeing done. She loves her HB212 but now that she's been on my 620 w/ power steering she about won't get off of it.

Sorry about that Dave. Time management is always a problem. If you have the money, then no time. If you have the time, then no money. My problem lately has been totally time related. Mowing grass has been my only tractor time all summer. I don't know if I am lucky or unlucky, my wife is alergic to fresh-cut grass. She sneezes here head off when mowing, so she doesn't do any of the mowing. My son will help when he is here, but most of the time it is all up to me. Fortunately, he loves weedeating. He can have that part. I think I can almost see the end of the things that have kept me tied up lately. Maybe some tractor time in fall and winter. By-the-way, a little secret, I usually keep a few things set up on my machines so that you have to know them to start them. That way Becky will not try to use one of them when I am not here. This is for her safety, and also so that I don't have to fix parts that end up broken because of lack of knowledge about the machines and their usage. A couple of friends and a son-in-law taught me this lesson. It is like when a mechanically knowlegable friend asked how he could keep his frail mother from starting the B/S push mower and mowing the lawn. He tried to keep it cut, but she would do it sometimes when nobody else was around. I told him to file the compression release off the cam lobe. Then he could start it but she wouldn't be able to. He told me that worked great, but she couldn't figure out why she couldn't get it started after he worked on it. Sometimes we need to be a little sneaky for the good of others.