Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jworth

B110 clutch pedal

jworth
I just picked up a B110 with a tiller, deck, and spring loaded push blade. It seems to be in good shape however; the clutch pedal is very tight. I removed the bolt and bracket figuring the bolt was too tight but you can still barely move the pedal. I sprayed WD40 on it and tried to work it back and forth to loosen it but this did not work either. How do I remove the pedal? I do not want to force it and have it broken. The spring to return it is good and strong so I don't know if it's gotten wet or somehow the pedal is bent. Thanks

RayS
More than likely it is just rust as you described from someone leaving it outside in the weather over a long period of time. Just drive it out from the inside of the frame clean the rust off with a wire wheel, oil it and reassemble and you should be good to go.

BrownA
I have had the same problem on a B210 and a B110. The solution is as mentioned in the above post. You need to take the pedal assy. out, degrease it, wire wheel it and clean the hole it goes in. The hole that it goes in has some type of a plastic bushing which gets clogged up so clean that too. Once you do all that plus lubricate it, you will see a world of differance. It seems that oiling it without taking it apart and cleaning just isn't enough for these 40 year old machines. You will probably notice that this is common on most of the machines that haven't been used in a while.