Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

Simplicity 7114 won't rev up

I was mowing with this tractor on Friday and it worked fine. When I went to use it this morning, it would start and idle but would not rev up. I tried increasing throttle and squirting gas in the carb, but this made it stall, as well, so I don't think it is a fuel supply problem. Could it be the governor? It seems so strange that it worked fine on Friday, but it won't today. Please help, I have three acres to mow today? Jere

BradW
This happend on my new regent, 3 weeks old, I went to start it and then I drove it outside in idle,throttled it up and and it stalled out, I restarted and drove around in idle and then SLOWLY, VERY SLOWlY idled it up and kept driving around did that three times and then it worked fine I could push the lever all the way up and it would be fine. -BradW

JeffNemes
Brad - seems like your's needed to warm up some before using. The newer engines can be like that. Jere - Check that the throttle cable is not loose or broken by making sure it does phyisically move somewhat. Check the air filter and spark plug and clean or replace as needed. A clogged air filter can foul the spark plug in a hurry. Also try adjusting the carb hi-speed in a little to lean it out. If you washed it off or it was damp out you may have some moisture on the points, plug wire or coil.