Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 6216 Transaxle help please

ldchase

Hello everyone, I need some help with my 6216. I just pick up this tractor and I need a gear in the transaxle or if I could find a new or good used one I would like that even better. It has the cast iron one in it and after looking everywhere locally I can't find any parts or a compleate one anyware. Any help would be great!! I hate to junk the mower everything else is in great shape.

Hi. My best advice is if you haven't already done so, go to the Simplicity website, have your tractors MFR number handy and download a parts manual. If you have trouble there is a post somewhere here about how to download manuals, I think its in the "Commonly Asked Questions" forum. Then determine which part you need, and if you have a local Simplicity dealer check with them. I think many of the transmission parts are still available. If not you could post an ad in the classifieds here and maybe someone can fix you up with a used transmission or gear. There are also several dealers who advertise on this site and may be able to sell you new parts.