Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 in Tall Clover

MPH

Missed mowing my clover field 2 week ago before my Wa trip so it had 3, maybe 4 weeks growth. Not sure Simplicity had this in mind when they built my 'lawn mower'.

shot from S.E. corner of the field

It's a rather tired 16hp in there Dave, I was mowing in the low end of second gear, and Joe, I like that idea. John, someone scored a sears dump rake a while back but didn't want to part with it. See in my new Northern catolog they have the yard rake again, might just haveta bite the frieght cost on it.

Impressive... blades must have been sharp on that machine. We let the garden grow a little too long on the weeds (longer than your grass) and we tested out the sickle bar yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures until after we were done, so there is no before/after shots available. Fortunately the section of the garden could be worked with a 7' wide tractor+bar width. After that we took the grader blade to scrape up the weeds and then we used a wheel barrel and rake to dispose of the rest (how manual).