Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cross Drive Belt Info

laytonlight

I looked through the Simple Tractors belt information list and couldn't find anything on these two belts. They're listed in the Simplicity 42" Mower Publication for the 501 and 544 42" Rotary Mower. The belt runs from the PTO Idler to the Mower Drive Pulley on the deck. With this style deck it's two belts. One from the PTO to the Idler and one from the Idler to the deck rather than one large belt. It lists two belt numbers: Part #108099 for the 501 Mower and #108248 for the 544 Mower. Couple of things: 1) Anyone know how to tell, or what the difference is between the 501 and 544 Decks? (From looking at the style of the height adjusting screws, I do have one of these two.) 2) Does anyone know the belt dimensions or numbers for equivalent belts for the cross drive belts listed above? 3) Does anyone know the correct belt number and/or size for the belt from the PTO to the Idler? OK, so that was three things.|) I haven't had a lot of luck getting parts from the local dealer, so the dimensions would help at the NAPA store. Any help is appreciated.

John, Thanks for the info. Where did you find that? Also if you or anyone else out there has the other info I was looking for it would be appreciated. I need to figure out which deck I have and which belt goes to which deck. I also need to figure out the right belt for the PTO to Idler Pulley. Thanks again.

The deck was purchased with, from an earlier post the consensus seems to be an early 9HP Landlord. There are pics in my gallery of it. There was no name plate and the engine has been replaced with a 14 HP Kohler. Here's a pic of the deck.

I don't know if it was ever used with the tractor I bought. It mounts up fine. Again, any help is appreciated. Thanks.