Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my new tractor hauler!!!!! (new loaded pic's)

ehertzfeld

Well as you may recall, I was in the market for a new trailer, well I picked mine up today. It's a 14x6.6 E-ZDumper utility. It should give me enough room for 4 tractors with attachment.:D I know most of you recomended getting two axles, but after pricing them, I decided on a single. It's hard to justify spending $2000 for a hobbie. This one was just shy of $1400 I had to order it so I orderd it with the flanges for breaks. I'm going to add them over the winter. I didnt accually put four tractors on today, but I did try to get the B1 up the ramp with the deck, well no go! Once the deck hit, she stopped. I'll have to try going at an angle or use planks. Oh well not a big deal.

Oh and if any one local is interested in my old trailer, let me know.

Elon

Looks good Elon. I sometimes borrow a similar trailer from my neighbor. Its very nice, I think about the same size as yours but it doesn't dump. I think I've had 3 tractors on it.

And how much will it take for you let go of that fine piece of equiptment pictured above? I'm thinkin' 1 older cat & a Fat girlfriend. Ok if necessary a small amount of cash.

Nice trailer Elon - Everytime I mention the idea to the wife she vetos it. She feels safer with me having the ability to bring one back at a time I guess. Someday....

Elon, How much were you asking for the trailer and what wre the deck dimmensions, do you think it would hold an 1800# AC720?

Well seeing that I was asked to bring a few tractors to the Woodstock Fair for a display, I figured I'd put some on the new trailer and see how best to do it and how to tie them down. Here are a few pics of the new trailer loaded.

To answer some the your questions: Eric, yeah at some point I would like to add a winch Eagal, no I think that is alittle to heavy. Joe, the trailer is my old pop up camper. The deck is all plywood I think it's 6.5x7 ish. I'll measure it tomarow. As it sits, it needs nothing, however because of what it used to be, the wheels are real close to the plywood. I had two large frame tractors on it and on a good corner you could hear the wheels rubbing on the plywood. If you put longer shakles or blocked the axle, it should give you plenty of room. I was accually going to sleave the axle and mount fender on the out side of the trailer, but just never got around to do it. If any of you are interested send me a email/PM. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity314
Wow, you have room to spare there! Are you going to be there all four days? If not, what days?
Jim,my tractors will be ther from Trusday till Monday. I'm not sure when Melanie and I are going. I know Saturday I'm going over to Rob-b's house to finish welding his trailer, but after that not sure what's happening. Elon

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I got busy peparing for the fair. The bed on my old trailer is 6 wide by 7.5 long. I brought three trailers to the local fair, I got home and felt like a huge part of me was missing :( Oh and I guess I canit have any thing nice, as I was backing my brand new trailer next to my tent, I guess I had the angle alittle wrong. I ran right into my tent, ripping the side of hit about three inches. I stopped backing up but not in time to save the tail light, it smashed into on of the poles! God the frist time accualy using it and I break it!!! Well I guess it's a good thing, got the first hit out of the way. :) Elon

• 3 weeks later...