Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Fall 'tractor fever' cure

MPH

Went to North Pole today, just short of two hundred miles to pick up the B-112, B-10, B-1 and Calivier plus other stuff, the color coming into the leaves did not impress me

couple shots of the 'load'

in the truck is a 42in deck with the carriage chopped off, well used 'square style' tiller, most of a single belt snowblower, 32inch deck for the B-1 ,4 rear wheel wts ,3 rear tires with rims, a good looking snowblower clutch, no welding on it, that's a first for me, hood,fenders, seat, dash and other pieces of the B-112, which is the early version, one new set of 6 inch front tires and likely some other odds and ends. Back seat has the brand new seat for the B-112 Bruce ordered off the site years back. on the left side of the load you can see the blue B-1 that someone crammed a 12 hp in, looks like whoever got the hood to fit by sitting on it with the help of a 500lb friend. Kinda bummed on the shape it's in, will be a tough restore

After loading did a little chatting and Bruce mentioned a guy with a Simplicity and sickle mower that tried to sell it too him not long ago, finnally got him on the phone while gassing up, only 5 miles away, hadda go see what he had, turned out to be another B-10 someone sortta painted orange, and I had room on the trailer sooooooooo

came with a yellow sickle, AND a 42 inch snow blower, justification for 200 bucks too me.

and an orange round top tiller that I dare to say NEVER has turned any dirt, tine look 40 years old brand new too me

and lastly, maybe my first e-bay item too sell if it's worth the trouble, any secret cub fans here looking for a radio?

and I'm still 140 plus miles from home, 318 better get too work.

HUMM, I might be able to save ya some time on the blue hood. I will double check later today. I have that same hood in real nice shape no dings or dents in primer. Ill get some shots of it for ya later today. James K. PS. whats the scoop on that B-10 missing the rear wheels? Looks to be in real nice shape.

Probably pulled the rear end out while towing a load since it's got that pintle hook on it. I'm not sure a B-10 is rated for that.lol Nice haul Marty.

Hi Marty,Thats a nice full load you got.That B10 looks good except for the rearend.That should be a easy fix.Nice haul.Tony

Nice haul, and beautiful pics of your journey! So, Marty, did you clean Bruce completely out? Or, did you leave him at least one Simplicity to help pass the long, cold winters?

Bruce pulled the axle on the B10 because it was 'kinda clicking' when he pushed it. Never had the tractor actually up and going. Rebuilt the BGB, had the engine running, cleaned it up and painted it, never got it finished. Have an extra set of drawbar irons off remnenta of a landlord. Which Landlord had the double irons on the lower hitch? Kent, I cleaned him outta ever yellow or orange piece of iron we could find, he don't plan on spending the winter, loking for a change in life. Thanks James, that would be encourageing. Is the grill on it look right?, haven't done any research yet, may be a couple of winters before I get that far.

Looks like you have some good tractors to restore when you get the money & time to do them.Your pictures of Alaska are Great.......

Hey Levi, here's the same robertson river I took last nite on the way home, little late for sunset though. First one is the Tannana River about half way between Delta and Fairbanks.

pretty dark

Nice haul Marty! There should be enough to keep you busy this next long winter, I too puzzle about the pintle hitch.

Looks like a great haul! The pictures are great! I can kind of see the appeal of living up there. So how many tractors are you up to now?

First thing I would do is pop the diff and axle out of one of the others and get that pretty yellow one together. The others could wait for more long term projects. I think you need at least one more running before winter snows hit. You have 12 and live in Alaska. I have 4 and live here in the states. Do you think I need to catch up? Do you think you could convince Becky, for me? She probably wouldn't agree. LOL Nice Haul. You done good!!!