Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Some of this summers scores

mowerman1193

mowerman1193
Hi Everyone, I have been busy this summer and have been reading the messages right along but really haven't posted much. Got a few extra minutes today and thought I would post some of this summers freebee's I brought home.. This Gravely is supposed to run but has been sitting for 8-10 years..It has a tiller attachment on it..

This is the 40" brush hog/finish mower

This is the rotary plow attachment with the dirt guards ect..

And here is a ride on sulky...

I also picked up this Wheel horse C145 Auto hydro drive and lift for $125 with the 42" side discharge deck and 48" snow/dozer blade and tire chains..The tractor runs real well but has electrical issues and at some point has been too close to a fire as the steering wheel is out of shape and the rear reflectors are a little melted...

I don't know what will happen to the Gravely..I have really no use for it and the garage is way to full to keep it..I only took it to save it from the scrap yard..I think I will probably part it out on Ebay..The Wheel Horse I will probably keep and fix up for my son to use..

That Gravely is some more gimmee. I bet I know somebody that would take some if not all the stuff off your hands. Let me know what you want for the package.

Gravely looks like a good deal. I also picked up a couple this year. One has the tiller an looks just like yours, mine's not running, and I also got an old L1 with the sulky and mower. It runs great and I tried it out, kind of strange to use. I guess they take some getting used to.

AT least the WHeel Horse has the replacement metal fenders/seat deck on it. The Plastic ones are almost always broken. Tractors work real nice but I dont care for the placement of the hydro release valve on that model. On my 145 it was tucked in where you couldnt get at it real well and you almost always have to get some vise grips on it to turn it if it hasnt been used much.

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
AT least the WHeel Horse has the replacement metal fenders/seat deck on it. The Plastic ones are almost always broken. Tractors work real nice but I dont care for the placement of the hydro release valve on that model. On my 145 it was tucked in where you couldnt get at it real well and you almost always have to get some vise grips on it to turn it if it hasnt been used much.
I don't think this one has the replacement fenders/seat deck on it..The Wheel Horse guys say that the early model C-145 and other models with this body style had the fiberglass hood and fenders..and the later models had the better metal ones..This one is a 1984 which was the last year for the C-145.. Must be they updated the hydro valve on the newer ones too as this one has a lever right where the shifter would be on the 8 speed models...

Could be different than the one I had. Mine had the later Sundstrand version. Somewhere in the mid 80's they switced to the eaton transmission. I also think there was one other hydro tranny they had in that time period too, it had a independant resevoir. I was always under the impression that the C 105/125/145/165 series was only made for 2 years 81-82. By 83 or 84 they were making the newer hood style. ????

Yes you must have had the earlier version then if you had the Sundstrand..Mine has the Eaton transmission... According to the books I have these models started in 1980 and the last year for them was 1984...The "Work Horse" models was the ones to bring in the new style hoods in 1982 and ended the Work Horse name in 1984..I also have two of the Work Horse models..a GT1600 and a GT1642..

I went to an auction about a year ago,and the guy had about 6 or 7 of those Gravely's,in about the same shape as yours.They went for next to nothing,IIRC.

I have a Gravely 8123 rider tractor that was given to me a few weeks ago. Had a bad 12hp Kohler (now has a 14hp), 50" deck, hydraulic lift, shuttle-shift (clutch-type) trans w/4-speed and hi/lo ranges. It's a seriously beefy machine! The mower deck alone weighs close to 270 pounds. The neatest part is that with the right adapters, it can use all the same attachments that the walk-behinds use. It's really a shame that Ariens quit selling these after they bought Gravely. I've never seen a garden tractor with the versatility this thing has. It sat outdoors for about 5 years and was destined for the scrap yard, but I'm hoping to be mowing with it by this time next week.