Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 blower shute rotator??

MPH

While unloading the truck today I noticed this difference in the chute rotator set-up. Looks to be factory deal, anybody ever seen it before?

here's my 32 inch deck for the B-1, cute little guy. VERY worn blades

Thats the same set-up as on my Simp. Sno-away walk behind blower,always wondered about the vee belt part of it but it must have come from the factory that way.your deck looks like the one under my broadmoor,,except the color.

Marty, what's the spring loaded lever off the v-belt pulley on th blower for? Is that just the tensioner for the v-belt?

On Mine its a tensioner,very "simple" and works real well,but i always thought the v belt was sort of different,but the previous owners of mine bought it new and weren't the sort to re-engineer anything.

Marty I have a 3 belt blower with the belt. From what I have seen, I think they only used that set up for a few years. I have another 3 belt blower that has a cable. Elon

My other 3 belt blower also has the same rope system as my 36 inch blowers. Wondering if this system dates the blower somehow. I may take it off and put it on my 42 blower.