Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Broadmoor Attachments

Pitabu

I've picked up a 1964 Simplicity Broadmoor, and, like everyone else with their tractor, would love to attach things to it. However, it seems there's either a shortage of Broadmoor attachments or they're too heavy to ship (I'm in southeastern PA). Has anyone had experience fitting a plow from another manufacturer to a Broadmoor? Or any tips, hints or tricks for other attachments? I'd love a plow blade and tiller...... Thanks!! Sean

Plow blades and tillers were both made for Broadmoors. As far as a plow blade, they are fairly easy to attach if you have some metal, a welder, and a little know how. I converted a Wheel horse blade to fit my large frame tractors. I also converted a snowblower from a Sears Suburban to fit my AC716H. Soon, I am going to modify a tiller from another tractor so that it will fit my AC716H. If it fits one make of tractor, then I can usually modify it so that it will fit another make.

Sean - Go to the Simple Tractors home page, and click on the JJ Nemes advertisement. They are in the Trenton area. Their used equipment web site currently shows that they have a snowblower for your Broadmoor, and also a plow mount bracket for $50. If you are handy, you can easily adapt another plow to this bracket. Also keep an eye on the classifieds - plows and tillers come up for sale regularly. Here in the Milwaukee area, these things can all be found easily. I have found snowblowers for people and shipped them to the east coast for a freight charge around $125-$150 (must ship to a company address with a shipping dock). Snowblowers, tillers, lawn renovators and plow blades can all be had for $100 to $150. Multiple items can all be strapped to a pallet and shipped together. Let mw know if you are really interested! Tom Schmit schmitt@liphatech.com

Back in 64 they didn't make a tiller for the Broadmoors. They didn't make one untill the 70's Front plows, blowers, grader blades, and any other pull behind attachment was offerd for that year Broadmoor. Keep your eye out on Ebay, since the weather is starting to change, snow removal equiptment will start showing up soon Oh and welcome to the club! :) Elon

Whoops - Elon is right! The tiller and lawn renovator run off the rear transmission PTO. There was no PTO on the earlier 2 speed transmissions. The later 3 speeds had them. Note, however, that these transmissions are completely interchangeable. I know several people who put in the 3 speed so they would have the PTO. 3 speed trannys can be had for $50 or so. Tom

It not only the rear PTO but the lift arm as well. The older ones only had the hook up on the out side of the frame, were as the newer? ones had the deck/rear lift on the inside/underside of the frame. There is know way to attach a lift rod to a 707 or like tractor. Elon

Elon - I was able to attach a makeshift tiller lift rod to the hole at the very bottom of the lift level mechanism on a 717. The lift rod had to be longer than the factory rod for the "inside" lift type, because those newer lift levers were located several inches farther back on the tractor. But it worked, and has the extra advantage of lifting when the lever is pulled back (because the attachment point is below the lift lever pivot point. Tom

I have a later tiller mounted on my 717. I have an uncle with a machine shop who modified my trans case to accept the late tractor trans input/PTO output shaft and seal. The tiller went right on. I also have a revitalizer to hang on it. Tim

Would like to swap a AC tiller for a hydrolic lift set up for 2010 Land Loard. List winter tore my rotator cuff plowing snow. Have to convert of sell all equipment.

quote:
Originally posted by Pitabu
I've picked up a 1964 Simplicity Broadmoor, and, like everyone else with their tractor, would love to attach things to it. However, it seems there's either a shortage of Broadmoor attachments or they're too heavy to ship (I'm in southeastern PA). Has anyone had experience fitting a plow from another manufacturer to a Broadmoor? Or any tips, hints or tricks for other attachments? I'd love a plow blade and tiller...... Thanks!! Sean
I have a Broadmoor II, made in the mid-1970's. Your best option is to just buy another Broadmoor with the tiller attachment. The ideal setup is "One Tractor For Each Attachment". Since the Broadmoors are more plentiful and less collectable (generally), I have fould they are far cheaper than their bigger brother Landlords and Soverigns. Plus, they use less gasoline. In short, Broadmoors rule! Tacey

My 727 simp. boardmoor 1967 model as far as I can tell. Have 36" mower deck, 30" tiller, 26" revitilizer, front blade. All hook up different than the other tractors I have. Tiller and revitillizer are a pain to hook up compared to the equipment. for the later models with left PTO's.