Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity powermax

brooksdr

I just picked up a simplicity powermax. It has no 3 point or pto but does have a complete hard cab(first one I have seen) and hydraulic angle dozer blade. I am going to paint it and wondered if the decals are still availble. What is a good price to pay for a running fixer upper? What are the nicley restored ones selling for? I will post some pics as soon as I can. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I am sorry about the dark pics it was late when I took them. The tractor does have a rear pto and 3 point but it is missing the 3 point arms. The blade has only hydraulic lift not angle. I already started stripping the jd green and yellow paint off.(it was painted with a brush yuk [V] ) On a better note...The tractor runs great and I like the high floation ags on the back!!!! The hard cab is a nice touch also. Has a lot more room than I first thought. All that was wrong was the drive belts where slipping. I ordered a new matched set of two from the dealer. I still have had no luck finding the "system 9020" decals. Dealer said "no longer available". I am hoping someone can shed a little light on this...

I'd love to see some more pics of the hard cab, like how it seals around the hood and seat and foot rests. I have a hard cab off a 420 JD and I'm hopeing to find a way modify it to fit. I don't know why???lol I just thought I'd try to rig it up.

That looks great. I'd like to find one like that. That would fit in perfect with the ones I currently have. Good Find!! If it were me, I would go for a full orange-red paint job and put AC decals on it. With that cab, I just think it looks more like one of the full-size AC tractors. If you can't find the decals, then take some good pictures and measurements of the original decals. Then take these to a local lettering shop that does vinyl decals. It may be a little costly, but at least you can get reproduction decals made.

Dave, that cab is made by Saf-T-Gard. They usually have a tag inside the back rail along the roof that they were made for Simplicity or Allis. I'm pretty sure these cabs are designed to be ROP's like the Saf-T-Gard roll cage for these tractors, they sure are heavy enough. This is the second one of these I've seen; the other hard cabs I think were from Cozy Cab. These cabs are insulated and very form fitted, practically seals air tight on my Allis.

Thanks Dan. I'm interested in seeing how it seals around the lower seat and footrests. I'm trying to figure out if AC and heat are an option.

Hard to believe someone would paint one of these green and yellow, but I did pickup a blue B-1 this summer. Nice score inspite of the last owners taste.

Hey great find,it will make a great tractor. I did notice the heat sheild was missing on top of the engine, this is a must to have on. Floydster

• 2 weeks later...
Don did you find that neer you in N.C. I"ve never seen one around here in Greenville, Greer S.C. But nice find hope to see picture of it when you have her it painted. Ken