Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2012 Finally

D-17_Dave

Tony(Tanman) came over today and we got into this. He helped me get it together while I worked on the Gravely tractor. I've had this for several years but never had a chance to get it finished so I decided to just reasemble it and run it. That beats sitting in the shed. It is a true 2012.:D

Marty, I was doing a Vickers hydro transplant at one time on it. Almost had it all done but never got time to finish it so I decided to just reassemble it and get er up and running. That's me on it. I got the wife to stop me rideing around enjoying a 3 speed for the mug shot. Joe, you can catch me almost all the time in a pair bibs. I'm to old to care what anyone thinks of me and they are much more comfortable on my skinny but than jeans. But I'll only have Carharts or Pointer's.

• 4 weeks later...
Dave nice tractor. Are you going to paint it one day or leave it like it is? Hows the powermac from chattagnoga coming along? Haven't wore bibs for 50 years but they are more confortable working on stuff as I recall.

Ken, this is the one I have for sale in the classified's. I'm going to leave it as is right now. Too mant other projects right now. I got the 4041 fixed and sold to a friend of mine close by. He used it a mounth and broke the cramk in it. I'm building the engine in spare time no. Luckily it didn't hurt anything else. As far as the bibs, LOL, Ask most anyone who knows me. Thats about all I wear . I'm too old to worry about impressing someone about how I look, and pants seem to ride my skinny rear so hard when I work and drive. I think I have 1 pair of jeans somewhere in the bottom of my dresser and a pair of Dockers for "SPECIAL" occasions.