Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cutter Bar for a Sicklebar

tanman722001

Hi guys,I need to know what size bar is on them?The width and length.I need to get one made.What grade steel should I use?Any help would be greatful.Thanks Tony

I think I heard Oldone(John) say that Howard was no longer making the bars. I'm pretty sure that John made his own. You might contact him to see if he would make one for you, or at least point you in the right direction toward getting one made.

46" long, 3/4" wide, 7/32" thick. cold rolled steel I could not find any stock 7/32", so I used 1/4" thick stock for mine. seems to be working ok for me.