Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410 now 3418 twin!

ehertzfeld

I finally started putting the puller back together yesterday. I still have alot work to do on it but here is what it looks like as of now.

please note that the two side covers will be painted, but I still need to do some cutting, but need the hood on to do so. Also the muffler is temporary. After the hood is on I'm going to play with think of somthing. Elon

I want one of them little engines! Makes my 10 and 13 singles look so insignificant. I like your rear weight rack. Can't wait to see it all assembled. Needs twin pipes, one on each side of the hood.

Looks great. That ought to turn some heads when you go down that track. I think I'm fixing to put one of those in my HB212.lol I bet that'll pull a deck good.

That looks real nice. watch the bolts where the frame bolts into the BGB I have to tighten mine 2 or 3 times a year. I even broke the BGB casting where the lower bolt goes in and thats with a 10 horse. My advice is to locktite em and check em after every outing. Good Luck

Thanks guys I think it comming along nicely. I'm working on the hood as we speak, going to try somthing diferent. Rob, I knew you would like the weight bracket, since there your's!!! lol I'm thinking of twin stacks my self, I just want to wait till the hood is on to work that out. I hope to get the hood done by the week end. I still need to get front tri ribs and 10.5 AGs but I'm not sure when that will be. I'm sure there is a bunch of little thing that I will find as time goes on but we're not planning on pulling till next year so I do have time. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by KVANDY12
What ya going to pull abram tanks. Nice looking rig.
Wouldn't it be great if I was able to do just that???:o):o):o) Elon

Well were a week away from Colchester, so I figured I give a quick update on the puller. As of today, the hood is all painted and installed, the head covers are drying as I write, and the exhaust is done. All I have left to do is the seat pan. It needs to be shortend by about two inches. My Boss and I are working on it, so hopfully I can get it painted over the weekend. I know what some of you are going to say..."were are the pic's". Well unless your going to the Colchester show, your going to have to wait to see it when the photos get posted in the days following the show.}:)}:)}:) sorry. Elon

Mike your either looking at the second rear hitch/weight/wheelie bar, or my rear grader blade. I do have a mid mount bracket, but it was made for a B10, so I haven't figured out what to do with it for a running RBT. I will play with that at a later date. Elon

Alright hey......................I'll tell you what to do with that aluminum center wieght bracket that matches the rest of that beautiful set you have..................................again.........................;) Rob

quote:
Originally posted by Rob-B
Alright hey......................I'll tell you what to do with that aluminum center wieght bracket that matches the rest of that beautiful set you have..................................again.........................;) Rob
I guess it's true what they say, the mind is the first to go!}:) The mid weight bracket is made from steel, not alluminum. Elon

Your entirly correct..............your mind went first..............If you recall you didn't want to take the middle bracket at the time you were at poppy-in-law's. Hey this isng to make good P.R. for E & R Enterprises.......:D Rob

Very nice job there! I esp like the rear drawbar much nicer than ours, Where we pull unfortunately that is considered a modified (not the stock eng) and over 16 hp so you would only be allowed to pull in unlimited weight class only. VERY BAD for the axle tube, as we broke one doing exactly just that, If its a 3 spd, as it looks like it is put a big trans pulley on it (10-12") and pull in 1st, also get a vari drive trans that 1st is lower than 3 spd is, good luck with it! dlc

Elon, the center weight bar is easy to mount. You have the holes in the frame for the electric lift that works great for hanging a center bar. I can post pictures if anyone would like.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeES
Elon, the center weight bar is easy to mount. You have the holes in the frame for the electric lift that works great for hanging a center bar. I can post pictures if anyone would like.
Mike, I was thinking that would be a great place to mount it. We won't be pulling this year, so I have time to mess with that over the winter "well when she isn't out plowing snow". :D Elon