Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Playing or working??

swede

I got a bit behind on my grass cutting and had to take extreme measures!! Actually, my wife was mowing the "good" grass with the Legacy and I was mowing around the barn with the Max. After I was done, I needed to rake the hay I had cut some days earlier before it got rained on again. I was too pinched for time to get the JD out of the barn to rake the hay field, so I decided to try it with the Max. It did just fine - even in the areas where the old rake would dig into the ground and shid it's wheels. The Max just kept right on pulling. I wanted to try it with the Legacy, but my wife was still mowing. (She thought it was goofy anyway to use the garden tractor)

Hey, they are tractors, to be treated as such, I don't ask much different from the garden tractor than it's big brothers. Reminds me with my dad AC 716H pull starting the old farmall F-12. It was quite the site and going slightly down hill and with dad pushing the farmall to build ground speed, when he hopped on the farmall and popped the cluch the 716 wheels would spin in the gravel. We did start the farmall. (question why use the garden tractor, well the truck was stuck in the field and the only tractors available to pull out the truck was the farmall and the AC and the AC had no chance at pulling the truck)

Cool Pics. Now that I KNOW I have tractor enouhj too pull an old hay rake I may start looking harder for one. Been thinking I'd have to cut it down to size.