Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help identifying chute+bagger

Simplicity314

Hi...picked this up along with another chute and bagger for my 6008. I was told it was for a simplicity. Must be left hand discharge. The last picture shows the hood and bag. The hood looks like it takes two hoses from the deck, given the 2 circular openings(????) Also looks like the bagger is supposed to mount on a hitch with two pipes as receivers, but that wasn't included. Can anyone identify these and know what model/s they belong to? Thanks in advance.

Can't help you identify what tractors those parts would fit, but I've seen some Simplicity "bagger boxes" made to accept clippings from either right or left discharge decks. This is done by offsetting the bagger to desired side with the mounting hitch; the "extra hole" is plugged off.

That makes sense! I'll bet that's it. It would explain the two holes for the grass pickup tube. Also the hitch, the receiver accepting only one of the pipes. Thanks Bill.

Just took a closer look at the pic of hood and bag with support pipe receivers. I think it's set up as a right discharge collector - two pipes support the unit centered on the back of the tractor. This would off set the bagger to the right as I have seen before. The clippings would hit the steel plate at the back of the bagger. I agree that the discharge elbow looks like it's for a left discharge deck.

Don't know anything about the bagger, but the chute is for a left hand discharge mower, it' like the one I have for my AC914 left discharge. Check to see if is's for a 48" or 42" mower the opening on the mower are different.

The larger boot in the 1st picture looks like it belongs on a 7000/7100 series 42 or 48" deck. Slim chance for a later 3 blade 36" deck on say a 738. The bagger post and hopper look like an early '80's 3108 or 4000 series bagger for a 2 blade 36" deck. The boot in the background of the second picture is for the shallow 2 blade 36" that the hopper goes with. Look carefully on both boots - they often had the part number molded into them. Tim