Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

540 RPM rear PTO...

Does anyone have pictures or more information on the following: Manufactures number: 1690191, 540 RPM rear PTO for Simplicity PowerMax or AC 720.

What it is is an attachment to run stationary equipment like grain augers or generators and such. It cannot be used to run tractor mounted equipment as the 3 point hitch is not usable when this implement is installed.

Here's pictures of the optional 540 PTO for a Sovereign class machine. I've never seen one for a PowrMax class, though I'd guess it to be something similar, converting the 2000 RPM rear PTO to 540... http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/wally's_wonders.htm

Mike, The last one I remember 'Nighteye' had sold. Perhaps he has some info on it(?). I never looked into one due to inflexiblity as Sam noted. JP

Where did you get this MFG# ? I can not find a listing for it in master catalog. The only 540 rear P.T.O.'s I can find are these. 990504 for older FDT style tractors. 1690159 Used on 10 - 16 hp tractors. 1693447 540 RPM Rear PTO Gear Box Attachment. for use with Legacy / 2000 / 2900 Series Garden Tractors. 1694399 540 PTO Kit. For Legacy XL / 2000 / 2900 Series Garden Tractors.

Hi MIke: As Jim said, I did have one of these, a few years ago. I really had no use for it so I sold it on E-bay to a farmer, out West. As I recall.... It was simply a box (6" x 10" wide x 12" tall) It had the 2000 RPM shaft that slid into the PTO on the tractor and was then bolted to the tractor. It had a few warning stickers on it about only using it for stationary equipment. It was made by a company in Wisconsin for Simplicity. I found an old Simplicity advertisment for the 9020, bragging about the 20 attachements they made. Sure enough theres a black and white picture Of it. [img]/club2/attach/nighteye/MVC-014S.JPG [/img] Hope this helps a little, Ken