Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

electric lift

KVANDY12

Is there a way to see if eletric lift is working before I put it on my tractor? Two wires on lift one red and one black. Came off of a 300 series tractor I"m tolded. Thanks ken

Blt is probably right, but I thought if you put red to positive and Black to ground it would it would move in one direction. And if you reversed leads it would go in other direction. I did not think you had to ground case. But I've been wrong many times.

I believe that it works by switching the leads and not grounding the case. Be careful though if it runs too far the end will come out of the lift and the little balls that act like a clutch will end up hiding on the floor. Bad experience believe me I found out the hard way.

The snow blower spout motors work with a case ground but the lift motor reverses pol. so touch the 2 wires to a bat, one on each post and te motor should go in one direction. Reverse the wires on the the bat. post and it should travel the other way. These motors take the exspencesive dash switch that controls the pol. when activateing it.

Ground the metal portion of the sparkplug to the motor with alligator clips or jumper cables. On motors with lifting straps, I have made the hole large enough to accept spark plug