Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3 more stupid question from Me

GWGAllisfan

1. What is the thread diameter and pitch of the screw that holds the points on. (I know I can order it but if I can buy a regular hardware screw, much easier) 2. Is there a way to tell which of the two wires coming out from under the shroud is the one for the points and the one for the kill switch? 3. What is the thread for the carb to hose adapter? 1/8?

I'll get one screw of each pitch to try. Neither had a ring connector, but I assume only one will allow spark? I'll try one then the other:) the pipe fitting that screws in the carb and has a barbed end so you can slide on a fuel line.

I don't know what the screw is but an assortment of machine screws should produce some matches, however, the hardware vertions of these screws won't be the same grade of screw. The orriginal appears to be hardened. As for the 2 wires, they both connect to an insulated screw as an easy atachment point. They are interchangeable. It doesn't matter whitch wire goes to the points and whitch one goes to the kill switch. They both come off the secondary winding of the magneto. Yes the elbo fitting on the input of the carb is 1/8" pipe thread. Any dumb ?? your willing to ask, I'm willing to give you my dumb answers.lol

Don't have any information an your questions, but I've allway thought that most stupid question, was the one that was never asked. becouse if you didn't ask it you'd still be stupid.