Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kwik-Way Loader on 9020 Pow'r Max

I just bought a Kwik-Way loader that was originally installed on a Sears garden tractor. Does anyone have any experience with what it will take to make the conversion? Please, no hope and a prayer comments.

Realisticly you need to get the loader home and get some good pics of it. Next find out where the strong points of the tractor are so you can get some idea of what the brackets should be like. Then you know what path you have to overcome. It shouldn't be all that tough if your decent with a welder and a tape measure.

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
Sorry,But I think it is to small for a pow'rmax! If you are handy enough to do it? VERY GOOD
Too small in capacity or some physical dimension? If the later, what dimension(s) are you concerned about? The clear distance between the uprights is 30".

Can't think of a Sears tractor that would be close to the size of a 9020. If wide enough, '30 inches' will work, the length may be short. If the loader uprights are mounted too far forward you'll being caring more wt on the front axle which may make sterring a real bear. If its close to home and the price is good I'd certainly get it home and check it out. Bet you could resell it and get your money back outta it.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
...the length may be short. If the loader uprights are mounted too far forward you'll being caring more wt on the front axle which may make sterring a real bear. ....
The length seems to be the most potential problem at the moment, especially considering the long snout on the 9020 compared to most other GTs. Kwik-Way made this loader for a number of GTs including the 9020. My hope is that the top frame sections were all the same and that the frame mounting underneath was the only section made different. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
Sorry,But I think it is to small for a pow'rmax! If you are handy enough to do it? VERY GOOD
You're probably right about it being too small for the pow'rmax. I just looked over the OM on the Kwik-Way loader and it just doesn't look substantial enough. Guess I'll pass on the idea and continue looking for something more suitable.