Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I Christen Thee Orange, Latest Project

Al

Hi, Follow some shots of a project we just finished. After we get this kitted, it will repower the JD 70s and the Owatonna 330s, same toy, different paint. I hope these come out OK. If someone has to help with them, Thanks in advance. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17815"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] This is how we got it. It has had the orginal NHC Onan replaced with a later unit. I think a Kohler Command Pro 25 would look pretty neat in there. and the Moanin Onan can retire. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17816"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Running with out the rear ducting and weights [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17817"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Air duct installed [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17818"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Weights on all together, another Onan to never never land. This makes this into a very nice running skidlloader. I have JD60 purchased, It is smaller than this with a single Kohler. Guess we will have to give it a tune up kit. Sorry about the green paint, but we have to do what we can to help them. Al Eden

Roger, I used to get the red X, now I get these. Somebody usually fixes them for me. I am always grateful, for this. I guess with some of these things, I don't have ulcers, but i"m a carrier. (Got that? Thanks) Al

quote:
Originally posted by Al
Hi, Follow some shots of a project we just finished. After we get this kitted, it will repower the JD 70s and the Owatonna 330s, same toy, different paint. I hope these come out OK. If someone has to help with them, Thanks in advance. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17815"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] This is how we got it. It has had the orginal NHC Onan replaced with a later unit. I think a Kohler Command Pro 25 would look pretty neat in there. and the Moanin Onan can retire. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17816"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Running with out the rear ducting and weights [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17817"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Air duct installed [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=Al&file=17818"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Weights on all together, another Onan to never never land. This makes this into a very nice running skidlloader. I have JD60 purchased, It is smaller than this with a single Kohler. Guess we will have to give it a tune up kit. Sorry about the green paint, but we have to do what we can to help them. Al Eden
I think this should help Al. [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN2419JD70SkdldrRVw01orig copy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN2729JD70SkdNoGrdsLrVw copy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN2735JD70SkdldrRVwNoWt copy.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN2739JD70SkdldrRvw copy.JPG[/img]

I went the other way on my Bobcat model 500.I put in a Onan performer engine and took the pieces of the old Kohler out.I am very happy with the onan. It is a bit under powered but the 500 is a good size machine and I do try to do a little more than I should with it .It would be nice to have a good paint job but it is a work horse.Bob

Hi, Is your Bobcat a 530? Does it have the Bell housing on it to bolt the engine to the pump group? If so did you go to a crankshaft with the internal splines? Did it have a Kohler K532 in it that had a really short crank and the main bearing seal was left out to lube the coupling in the bell housing? Was the new engine just a bolt on already set up for this system? The problem with the Onans now is they are no longer avialable in US new as they don't pass emissins. I am very interested as I was going to do a 530 once and there would be a world of things to overcome. Al Eden

Al, If I may be so bold, but once you finish a project like that how much could you sell it for? I could have many uses for something like that. thanks Rick........

Rick, This is a customer unit. We make a person a special deal when we do a prototype if we don't have a unit of our own. On this one we stood the majority of the labor if we could have the unit for a month to 6 weeks. We need this time because putting the engine in etc. takes about 10% of the time to do a kit. For example we have to make drawings of all of the parts, so we can make them or out source them. Then the proceedures etc. Often issues like coming up with exhaust systems and getting them certified all take time. Usually the agreement also allows us to pick the unit up if we need it for some data in the future. I would think this would bring about 4000.00 to 4500.00 around here with a new engine, battery and paint. Al Eden