Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Slow it down pully

ridgerunner

I got an AC Big-Ten, for what I use it for its usually in first gear, and I never even use third. Like with the tiller/snow blower ya run the RPM's up for the attachment but then ground speed increases, its just to fast. I'd like to add a Hi-Lo pully but they're hard to come by and I think they might be made out of 24kt. GOLD because when ya do find one it costs more than I paid for my tractor. So what I'm getting at is what is the biggest pully I can fit on the rear end to slow down the ground speed. That would work right? (Any one got one they want to get rid of?) If it does slow it down maybe I could bang third gear once in a while. I'd like her to be a creeper. thanks for any help. -Paul

What size pulley do you have on it now? I went from a 6 inch on my LL to a 8 inch Laborday weekend because I broke the belt and couldn't get one. Slowed it down a lot. You can also put a 10 inch on which I believe was recomended for tilling. Each size pulley needs a different belt of course. Got my new belt from SLI (Thankyou Brenda) in the mail this weekend for the 6 inch which I'll put back on for plowing snow, like the speed.